Andrew Le is just one of my favorite people. Witty, clever, and talented. And what some of you might not know is he’s really got a soft spot for his friends. He has been a very good friend to me over the years. He lives in Austin, Texas, being just awesome there. We talk on iChat everyday now, thankfully. (It’s lonely here in Yazoo City!) I love going “shopping” with him online. We send each other links on stuff we want to buy. We bought the same paper cutter which we both highly recommend!
He graduated a year ahead of me in school. His work always inspires me. He’ll always be one of those designers I just look up to. I can’t do what he does. His style is very clean. He’s great at type. His copy is so clever. He’s just a master at what he does. There is no way for me to put all of his work on here. There is nothing this guy touches that isn’t amazing: photography, songwriting and playing, letterpress, video.
So here is a very limited sampling. This is the Valentine’s series. He started off giving these out to friends, but now letterpresses some of the prints. They are for sale in his shop! And check out all of his work!!!
One of my favorite things about Andrew – his Twitter.
Here are some of my favorites.
- It’s 2011. You can stop posting fake vintage, square photos now.
- Looking forward to 2011’s portmanteau offerings for women’s leggings.
- I predicted the rise of the ninjas, pirates, and lumberjack… and I think the next big thing is going to be private detectives.
- I can’t remember people’s names, but I never forget a typeface.
- I know some of you guys don’t care, but this new Gap logo is like the graphic designers’ Gulf Oil Spill.
- Hipsters lead to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
Okay. Now this next one probably needs some explanation. Andrew loves to ask anyone this question: If you put 5 elephants against 5,000 poodles, who would win?
You’ve got to watch this video. It’s Andrew interviewing everyone around the art department. Oh my goodness this makes me miss everyone so much!
So. Who do YOU think would win?